Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Tired...relaxed and refreshed was the goal.

Why is it that Christmas never ends up being the break that we are expecting or hoping for. I spend the entire time stressed about the sermon I had to preach on Dec. 31. Now that its over it seems that the stress is only building up instead of letting go.
We decided to try and take in a handicap lady, which meant we would have to move and buy a place suitable for a wheel chair. We found a place, offered on it and listed ours...didn't officially sell our place so someone else managed to buy the one we had hoped for. But by then we had signed papers to sell ours which meant we had to move regardless. 3 days after the deadline we get a bunch of people looking at our house and actually able to buy it instantly. Well, now here we are with a house we were able to sell for a little more than we had hoped, which is good, but still looking for somewhere else to live.
Which of course brings up the fact that in order to sell ours I have to have the basement finished (I've done everything but completed the bathroom in the basement. So, now I have a week to finish that and at the same time hope that the house we are looking at now (it was a grow opp) checks out for insurance reasons.
We had hoped that income from having others live with us would help with major additional costs to the new place and now we are worried about surviving as it looks like we won't be able to take the handicap lady. In the mean time I have been sick in bed for a week and have to worry about planning the rest of the year out for youth. We have a "God Stalkers" retreat this weekend which means I won't be here to work on the bathroom for 3-4 days.
Our kids have been sick too and Melissa's job has regular additional stresses. Not even sure if we can get up to Kamloops at this point due to the bad weather...Does it ever end?

Anyway, on the bright side, we'll get out of having the STRATA president responsibilities, I'm the mediator and have to do all sorts of extra work. Having the inside of the house completed will be really nice and relieving. This house we are looking at is perfect for us. I suppose a little extra motivation never really hurts, getting the bathroom done before we have to pack will be really good!

Anyway, it kinda feels like life never really slows down enough to breathe, I'm often afraid that I'm missing my kids stages as the grow up and time seems to slip away faster and faster every year.

I guess it sort of brings me back to the whole point of the movie "Click." Although it had way too much sexual inuendo and stuff the message was great. Its not about longing for the next thing and needing to be where your long term goal is, its about where you are now. "Its not about the destination, its about the trip/ride." So, if I take it one day at a time I guess I'll be OK. We really felt God leading us to take this step, although we did expect to be approved for recieving Bev (our handicapped friend) into our home if it doesn't work out we can only assume that God had something different and maybe bigger in mind!

So, I Breathe and do what I need to do next...

Whoa, here comes another dip in the roller coaster....

Dave

No comments: