Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Not really sure...

I just kinda felt like writing but I wasn't sure what to write about. I do know that I'm tired, a little overworked and stretched in way too many directions. I'm looking forward to moving because it will clear up a bunch of those issues. I won't have to deal with the strata any more (I'm the president), we won't have to worry about packing and moving, I won't have to worry about finishing the basement bathroom because it will be done before we go, and I just sort of feel like we'll have a chance to settle down into our new place. Plus there is a hot tub at the new place which is really good and I'm REALLY looking forward to using it ALL the TIME.
Anyway, pray that we make it through the next few weeks in one piece.

I'll leave you with this question, How and where do you draw the line for individuals you know claim to believe and live for Jesus and yet refuse to live the way that they know they should?

I know, there are a lot of factors involved but its worth thinking about either way. What about when those decisions may affect your kids? Do we extend love never ending? And how do you profess love over all to individuals like that and to your kids when they can only think in black and white terms for their age.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Well Dave...this is definitly the question of our life! Everywhere we turn, every one seems to live life they way they feel led and convicted. We have the Christians who participate in FTMO, those who drink and like to gather in social settings where there is a lot of alcohol and smoking (maybe themselves too). There are those who live together before they get married, or at least having sex before they are married...those are the extreme caFor ses. Then there are the subtle ones that can also be damaging, if not more so because of how "secretive" they are and how it creates poison among Christian fellowship. I am thinking of those such as gossip, slander, lieing, cheating, judging, bitterness, envy, and so forth. For me at this point...I feel that in all circumstances, even where we fall short, we must be diligent in debriefing them, pointing them to scripture as a means of where they find Truth and limit their exposure as much as possible, and slowly as they get older allow for more open discussions so that they are not so sheltered that they are not prepared for those situations that they may run into. Let's have their roots so deep and strong that they know exactly where to go for strength and direction.