Thursday, November 09, 2006

Have a bog, now what to write on it...

Maybe I'll make this my Bible reading and devotional site!
On that note...You should all read Psalm 119
Yes its fairly long but you could read it in sections if you want.
And while you read through it think about 3 different terms and how they might relate to you and your relationship with Jesus.

Think in terms of their being 3 different options as far as your level of connectedness with God.

Are you:
1. A passive and accidental learner
2. A student
3. A Stalker

There are many phrases that relate to the last 2 options in this Psalm. I have immense amounts of underlining in my bible.

My personal goal is to be a stalker, but we can all tend to fall back into the passive mode if we aren't careful.

Along with that, ask yourself, are you a reluctant learner? Are you following God...Running...chasing...or being dragged along?

This is something I got out of a talk from Ron Luce while I was down in Texas last month.

Pastor Dave

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Well, I guess from these options I feel like I am the "accidental learner". To me, a student learner is someone who is constantly researching the scriptures, and other means in order to learn more...and a stalker would be that and then more where your main focus and agenda is being in His presence. I want to be like that...but in all honesty it just feels like someone in my stage of life doesn't have the time to put into that level of commitment. I am left feeling confused, lousy, and without excuse!

David McVety said...

Well, the point isn't to make anyone feel guilty, only to point out and maybe allow the Holy Spirit to convict us of things we aren't stepping up to do. The main question is, are you doing all you can? Our desire can be to do more but with what you've been given are there any regrets?