Monday, November 24, 2008

An interesting Parallel



So, I'm praying and thinking through things. And while I was talking with a friend he pointed out the parallels between what I'm going through and what King David went through. At least in response to a similar circumstance, that of losing a child.
_______________________________
2 Sam. 12:20-23
20 Then David got up from the ground (after fasting and praying and pleading with God for many days). After he had washed, put on lotions and changed his clothes, he went into the house of the LORD and worshiped. Then he went to his own house, and at his request they served him food, and he ate.

21 His servants asked him, "Why are you acting this way? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept, but now that the child is dead, you get up and eat!"

22 He answered, "While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought, 'Who knows? The LORD may be gracious to me and let the child live.' 23 But now that he is dead, why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me."
__________________________________
My heart is unsettled and yet strangely at some level of peace. I will not stop worshipping my God, as He is gracious and his love never ends.

We long for our child, and miss her terribly. We are going to get to see her this week and have a service for her for all who would like to attend, on Dec 6th.
If you'd like to hear her story, what God did in us through and because of her, you are welcome to join us. The time is TBD but we're planning to try and do it some time in the morning.

Thank you for your prayers, they mean a lot!
This picture is of the baby hippo that I bought in memory of Miracle, it is the same size as she was and is even a little bit puffy, just like she was. Each person in our family has one of our own, as a reminder, memorial, and a form of healing too I guess.

Dave

No comments: